Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I be charged for underage drinking days after the party when there is no evidence?

I went to a party at a hotel room with a big group of people. There was alcohol there and I had a couple drinks. I am 19. Most of my friends are 21 but there are a few of us that are under age. Nothing bad happened at the party then 3 days after I got a call from a cop asking if I had been at that hotel room. He said he had my name but when I pressed him for more information he didn't say anything else. Is there a way I can arrested for under age drinking after the fact if there is no evidence?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Cynthia Henley | Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    7626 E. Jordan Cove
    Houston, TX 77055-5053
    (713) 222-1220
    Do not talk with the officer. You are under no obligation to talk with them. You can be charged if he has evidence other than your confession.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 1/19/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Anything is possible, however, I seriously doubt you will be charged, as there is no evidence you were doing anything illegal there. I would advise you to invoke your right to remain silent if questioned further about this matter, they have to prove you guilty, and if you confess to the offense, you convict yourself.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/19/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Not if you refuse to talk to him. You have the right to remain silent use it.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/18/2013
    Patrick Owen Earl | Patrick Earl Attorney
    1334 S. Pioneer Way
    Moses Lake, WA 98837
    (509) 750-9921
    Of course there is a way for you to be charged with this crime, so keep your mouth shut and don't talk to anyone about anything. I assume you didn't admit to the officer that you were there right. If you get charged then get an attorney immediately.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/18/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    Yes you can. Words are evidence, in case you didn't know that. Hire a lawyer before you open your mouth and cop yourself out.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/18/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.