Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can I appeal a sentence if the judge did not consider the previous years in prison?

My husband was in a federal prison in Puerto Rico since 2008. Now in 2013 was sentencing, but the judge did not consider the previous total years in prison, so I would like to appeal the sentences.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    You can appeal whatever you like. Unless the judge abused his discretion, you will lose.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 9/23/2013
    Mace Yampolsky | Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
    625 South Sixth St.
    Las Vegas, NV 89101
    (702) 385-9777
    You may. I believe you have 14 days from the state of sentencing.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 9/23/2013
    Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
    P.O. Box 337
    Norman, OK 73070-0337
    (405) 928-3398
    He can seek an appeal. You can not appeal his sentence. You can assist him in obtaining counsel for an appeal.
    Answer Applies to: Oklahoma - Replied: 9/23/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.