Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can federal convictions be expunged?

My brother was charged with drug trafficking a really long time ago. He's made a real conscious effort to clean up his act and I am trying to do some research for him. Is there any possible way to get a conviction such as this removed from a record?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Probably not.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    The only way I could see getting this off his record would be if he were to file for a presidential pardon.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Eric Rothstein | Rothstein Law PLLC
    11 Park Place
    New York, NY 10007
    (212) 385-8015
    A federal judge has the inherent power to expunge but the burden is very high. I have made this motion before and he would have to show that the conviction has prevented him from getting jobs. It is hard to win a motion like this.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/13/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.