Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Can convictions for shoplifting be expunged?

If I stole stuff before I was 18 and I am 35 now, is there a way to get that offense expunged from my record?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should have gotten an ACD dismissal or Youthful Offender Treatment. Get a Certificate of Disposition from the clerk of the court. New york does not allow expungment, but you can get a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities if you retain a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/4/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes it could be expunged.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    There should be by filing various forms with the court for their approval and approval by prosecutor.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/25/2013
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    At present, there is no expungement in the State of Alabama.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/23/2013
    Mark A. Broughton | Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
    2445 Capital Street
    Fresno, CA 93721
    (559) 233-5333
    You may be able to have your juvenile record "sealed." There are special procedures for juvenile court so, like I often say, consult with a criminal defense attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/22/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.