Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Are there attorneys available on contingency fee for someone with improper counsel and false enhancements at sentencing?

I need an attorney to handle a case based on a contingency fee for a significant other that was sentenced after being coerced into a plea agreement. Improper counsel and false enhancements at the time of sentencing by US assistant attorney led to a longer sentencing term that was not agreed upon in the plea arrangement. Currently serving time and now BOP has caused health issues that may result in irreversible organ damage due to medical neglect. Is on permanent disability which they have ceased due to incarceration so he has no income. Is he simply at the mercy of the BOP? Case has been mishandled from the start. When he had no additional money, he was unable to procurer new representation and is now in this situation.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    No quality attorney is going to agree to definite work for the possibility of pay.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/16/2014
    Eric J. Bell | Law Offices of Eric J. Bell
    180 N LaSalle St, Ste 1821
    Chicago, IL 60601
    (312) 377-8416
    Criminal lawyers cannot represent people on a contingency basis.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/15/2014
    Maurice Ross | Barton Barton & Plotkin
    420 Lexington Avenue
    New York, NY 10170
    (973) 896-7190
    Sorry but this is not a contingency fee case.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 1/15/2014
    Kelly Wright Kelly | The Law Office of Kelly Kelly
    1100 NW Loop 410, Suite 783
    San Antonio, TX 78213
    (210) 426-3671
    No. It is illegal in Texas for an attorney to work on a contingency fee in a criminal case.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 1/15/2014
    Jason Savela | Connell-Savela
    250 Arapahoe Avenue, Suite 301
    Boulder, CO 80302
    (303) 865-4545
    1) criminal defense cannot use contingent fee agreements - it is unethical but you can pay a flat fee or pay a retainer with an hourly fee to hire a criminal defense attorney that will help you 2) if the BOP has injured you, then there are civil attorneys that may be willing to take the case on contingency - Cherie Trine in the Boulder area has taken these cases before - you are looking for a civil rights or 1983 attorney, someone experienced in prisoners rights.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 1/15/2014
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.