Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Am I going to have to finish the rest of my jail term for violating my probation?

I was on probation for a not related charge and just got caught driving on suspended license. Am I going to have to finish the rest of the sentence that was on my probation? I was originally supposed to do a year in county but I only did a few months.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    It depends on what the judge wants to do. If fully revoked you will do the entire time.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/21/2013
    Cynthia Henley | Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    7626 E. Jordan Cove
    Houston, TX 77055-5053
    (713) 222-1220
    You may or may not have your probation revoked. Be aware that if your probation is revoked, you are not limited to serving out what is remaining on your probation.? You can be sentenced up to the amount of time that was probated.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 1/19/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/18/2013
    Victor Rivera | Rivera Legal Group, PLLC
    1011 Surrey Lane
    Flower Mound, TX 75022
    (214) 646-3236
    Your question cannot be answered because it depends on the district attorney and the judge. The district attorney will either request the judge to extend your probation or will move to revoke your probation. Typically the judge follows the recommendation of the district attorney's office. Regardless of the new violation, it is a violation just the same so you have failed to honor the terms of your probation and a hearing will be held to address this violation.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 1/17/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    That is why it is better to have a lawyer go to court and talk to the Judge, preferably before the case turns into a warrant and a full-blown PV.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/17/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.