Submit ZIP Code

Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Explore the Juvenile Criminal System

Juvenile Crime

The juvenile and adult court systems handle criminal cases differently. In juvenile court, defendants may have different rights before, during and after a hearing or trial. Some crimes may be heard in criminal court, depending on the offense and state laws.

Learn more about juvenile law, including the court system procedures, who is considered to be a juvenile and what happens when a child is tried as an adult.

Talk to a Juvenile Justice Attorney Today

If your child has been charged with juvenile crime, consider discussing the case with a local criminal defense attorney. Simply fill out the free case evaluation form on this page or call 877-445-1059 today.

Juvenile Crime Topics

  • Who is a Juvenile?: Find out about age limitations in your state’s juvenile court system.
  • Juvenile Courts: Does a juvenile have right to trial by jury? Can children post bond? How serious is juvenile sentencing? Discover the juvenile court system and the differences between it and adult criminal court.
  • Juvenile Criminal Records: Will juvenile records go away once a child reaches a certain age? Are juvenile records private? Learn about things you should consider when it comes to juvenile records.
  • Trial as an Adult: When does a minor become an adult? Can juvenile courts hear cases dealing with serious crimes? When can a juvenile case be moved to adult court? Explore juvenile law and children are tried as minors or adults.

Juvenile Rehabilitation

Unlike the adult criminal courts, juvenile courts generally focus more on rehabilitation than punishment. In fact, in most states, juvenile offenses are “delinquent acts” and not crimes.

However, in recent years, many states have taken steps to make more juvenile offenses punishable in the criminal courts.

Studies have shown that juveniles tried in adult courts often receive longer prison sentences, and are more likely to become repeat offenders than those addressed by the juvenile courts.

Consult a Juvenile Lawyer to Learn more about Juvenile Crime

If you are the guardian of a child who has been charged with a crime, speak with a local criminal defense attorney to learn more about your state’s juvenile laws. With the help of an attorney, you can figure out how your child might be charged and what happens to your child’s record if he or she is convicted.

Get advice on how to handle your case by scheduling a free, no obligation consultation with a defense lawyer in your area. Fill out our free case evaluation form or call toll free at 877-445-1059 today.

PAID ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: THIS WEB SITE IS A GROUP ADVERTISEMENT AND THE PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS ARE INCLUDED BECAUSE THEY PAY AN ADVERTISING FEE. It is not a lawyer referral service or prepaid legal services plan. Total Criminal Defense is not a law firm. Your request for contact will be forwarded to the local lawyer who has paid to advertise in the ZIP code you provide. Total Criminal Defense does not endorse or recommend any lawyer or law firm who participates in the network. It does not make any representation and has not made any judgment as to the qualifications, expertise or credentials of any participating lawyer. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. The information contained herein is not legal advice. Any information you submit to Total Criminal Defense may not be protected by attorney-client privilege. All photos are of models and do not depict clients. All case evaluations are performed by participating attorneys. To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement, please click here or call 866-200-8052.

FLORIDA ONLY: Total Criminal Defense is considered a lawyer referral service in the state of Florida under the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct. By all other standards, Total Criminal Defense is a group advertisement and not a lawyer referral service.

If you live in Florida, Mississippi, Missouri, New York or Wyoming, please click here