Submit ZIP Code

Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Wrongful Conviction Compensation

New technology not only helps police solve crimes, it can also be used to prove the innocence of the wrongfully convicted. Spending time in prison, in some cases years and years, can be devastating, and these innocent convicts have to pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward in most instances with no job, money or life outside prison.

Some states have enacted compensation provisions for wrongfully convicted individuals who are declared innocent in order to provide financial compensation. Of course, money only goes so far in helping someone cope with a life that is forever changed after a wrongful criminal conviction and incarceration.

For more on efforts to try and free innocent prisoners who have been wrongfully convicted, as well as a host of interesting statistical information on these convictions, a handy resource is The Innocence Project.

Twenty-five states (plus the District of Columbia) have provisions to grant compensation to wrongfully convicted individuals who are later declared innocent.

If you or someone you love is serving time for a wrongful conviction, a local criminal defense attorney can speak more directly to any compensation offered in your state, and how similar cases in the past have concluded.

American justice - Learn the criminal rights you have under the Constitution

Speak to a Criminal Defense Lawyer about a Wrongful Conviction!

While regaining your personal life and clearing your criminal record are top priorities if you’ve been released after a criminal conviction, compensation funds from the state can be a help in reintegrating back into society.

If you have questions about if your state has compensation for wrongful convictions and what the law allows, speak to a criminal defense attorney, who can better address your specific questions. Just fill out our free online evaluation form or call toll-free at 877-445-1059 to be connected with a criminal defense attorney for a consultation.

Submit ZIP Code

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.